- Machined from 6061 T-6 billet aluminum and anodized
- Pro Perch with compression release allows rider to operate
both levers easily at the same time; saves bar space by
combining compression release into clutch perch body
- Pro Perch with Hot Start action features a thumb- or fingeroperated shorter lever to allow easier starts, even with the bike in gear
- Both designs feature a sealed ball bearing in the clutch lever
pivot for an ultra-smooth pull
- Adjust-on-the-fly star adjuster
- Teflon® sleeve allows perch to rotate in a crash
- Compression release and Hot Start kit available separately,
and can be added to any existing Works Connection perch
One, if not the most, important part of any motorcycle race is the start. It rains all of the time up here in Seattle, so we end up racing indoors on Arenacross style tracks. The start is everything when you only have five laps to show what you’ve got! Big jumps – no problem, big whoops- got it, corner speed – good. Starts uhm… they needed work. After rounding the first turn mid pack more than a few times this winter, I went looking for help.
What was found was, Works Connection Pro Launch Start Device. It works by holding the front end of the bike down to keep it from wheeling out of the gate. To set the Pro Launch Start Device, you push the forks down and flip the lever on and it holds the front of the bike down. As soon as you hit a bump it releases. It’s amazing how much straighter you can launch out of the gate and wheeling is no longer a problem.
I have used Works Connection parts before and this stuff is high quality. Everything from the packaging, to the machining, to the anodizing screams awesomeness. They even supply you with easy to use instructions and a countersink drill bit to make installation easy.