Although different snowmobiles have different parts, changing a fuel pump is basically the same on all two-stroke engines. Some may be in different locations, but the procedure is the same. By changing it yourself, you will save hours of labor costs and feel the pride of fixing your own sled. In under an hour, the pump can be changed and you can fire up your snowmobile and hit the trails.
1) Open the hood and locate the fuel pump.
2) Label the hoses that are attached to the fuel pump by wrapping a piece of tape around them and marking with an ink pen.
3) Loosen the hose clamps and then remove from the fuel pump. Clamp the hoses to avoid spilling excess fuel.
4) Remove the screws that hold the pump to the frame.
5) Pull the fuel pump off the housing. Replace any cracked or worn hoses and install the new pump in reverse. Close the hood and ride.
* Make sure this procedure is done in a well-ventilated area away from heat sources and open flames.
For Snowmobile maintenance parts and more, shop with our sponsor partspitstop.com